Who can I talk to?
The Federation of Small Businesses offers the following advice on people you should talk to if you’re having difficulty. This page has plenty of detail including contact information – worth a visit.
- Talk to your bank about finance options. In addition to considering new overdraft facilities, banks and finance providers should also be lenient on things like loan repayment
- Talk to your customers about payment and chase large businesses for immediate payment
- Talk to your Government about business support
- Talk to HMRC about time to pay your tax, sick pay costs and employment allowance help
- Talk to your local authority about your business rates, grants and hardship funds
- Talk to your landlord about a rent holiday
- Talk to Jobcentre Plus about benefits for the self-employed
Looking after your mental health
People struggling with their mental health during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will be offered additional online support and practical guidance to help them cope.
COVID-19 will be causing stress and worry for small businesses and the self-employed, and it is more important than ever to make sure you are taking steps to support your own mental health as well as that of any employees you may have.
- Mind has issued tailored support for mental health in the wake of COVID-19, which includes tips for taking care of your mental health if you have been asked to stay and work at home
- Heads Together Workplace Wellbeing hub
- NHS has a good page on Mental health and wellbeing with lots of options
People struggling with their mental health during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will be offered additional online support and practical guidance to help them cope. This can be found on the GOV.UK website.
Articles we like
Lead Your Business through the Coronavirus Crisis (Harvard Business Review): Three business leaders from Boston Consulting Group offer advice distilled from clients around the world.
How to avoid small business scams during the coronavirus crisis (smallbusiness.co.uk): Avoid scammers hoping to prey on the financially vulnerable during the global crisis.
Coronavirus small business advice (Startups): Sound advice on getting financial support, working from home effectively, and shifting your small business strategy to respond to pressures caused by COVID-19.